First cruise ever, loved it!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Carnival Victory

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

I took a shuttle from Country Inn Suites and got dropped off right at the boarding area. The boarding process was smoother than I expected. Several times they had to announce overhead to tell people to stay seated until their boarding zone is called and not block the aisle as others are trying to get on. It was a bit crazy at first as everyone headed to the Lido deck for lunch.

My favorite part of the cruise was my early morning coffee. Got to enjoy the sunrise with my wife with a bit of peace and quiet.  The other pools around the ship are crowded with families and younger children. Nonetheless we were able to relax at the "adults only" Serenity pool on deck 14.

Glad I listened to my friends and not overpacked! Getting off was a breeze as I carried my own luggage and got through customs pretty quickly.

Ship Experiences

The dining room had pretty decent quality and choices. I was not too happy having to pay extra for steaks though!

Enjoyed the shows. Choreography and dancing was great.

Friendly staff. I enjoyed talking with my wait staff Anrif and Pughu!

Was a challenge getting to the Pacific dining room at first. Once we got used to the nuance of which floor goes aft, we got used to it. Could have used a little more directions from staff from the get go.

We were so glad to get a room on the Lido deck. So easy to get to the food and this room was convenient to the laundry facilities. Cabin was roomier than we expected. We used our own night light, since we like some light when getting up to use the bathroom at night. Leaving the bathroom light on all night is an option, but it was too bright for us. Be sure to bring some big clips if you want to dry your town on the balcony chair, it got windy at times.

Familiarize yourself with the ship layout. If you have dining a the Pacific dining room (3 aft), please know that some floors do not have access all the way through. The easiest is to access on Lido (deck 9) and go all the way to the back elevator down to the Pacific dining on deck 3.

Ports Of Call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

Liked the bus tour, it was hot out but we stayed cool. You might not have access to concessions, so you might want to bring some water/drink with you on the tour.

1 Comment