21st Birthday Mini Cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: July 21, 2016
Ship: Carnival Victory

We ordered birthday decorations and a cake for my granddaughter's (Me, my daughter and granddaughter) which was to be waiting when she walked into the room.  The decorations were there, cake did not arrive until late that evening.  We had faster to the fun so we were in our room by noon. Big disappointment there.  The ship has a sewer smell, also the casino deck is very smoky no matter where you are on it.  We did not care much for the food, both choices and preparation.  I have also had much better drinks on previous cruises and regret purchasing the Cheers cocktail package.  The Vroom show was great, also enjoyed the comic show.  I actually did enjoy the cruise, overall the ship is colorful and the staff friendly, however I do not think I will try Carnival again.  This was my first Carnival cruise and my least favorite.

Did not care for limited choices and the preparation was not the best. However, breakfast was good. The bacon is perfectly cooked and the eggs benedict very good. We ate in the Pacific dining room.

The Vroom show was fantastic. Other than that there just wasn't very much excitement. I did not care for the cruise director at all.

Mostly the staff were friendly and helpful

Too much of a sewer smell most of the time. Also the casino deck is too smoky. I could only spend a short time playing due to chest and throat hurting from the smokiness.

The cabin was clean and big enough. The hair dryer in the bathroom is really outdated and the tv should be replaced. The color was so off, flat screen would make a world of difference.