Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Bermuda

Contributor Level: Third Mate

One of the Best Cruises Ever!

Sail Date: May 19, 2016

Cabin: 10-02

I am disabled and require an accessible cabin.  I was unable to book a cabin on my usual decks 6 & 7.  My cabin 10-02 was located on deck 10; the Panorama deck and for a standard accessible cabin, it was very spacious.  I was skeptical about the motion of the ship at that high level and located in the forward area of the ship.  Yet, one night we sailed through a horrific thunderstorm and the ship did not waver.  Suselle, our cabin steward asked what our preferences were a few hours after embarkation.  It was clear that she and her two assistants were overwhelmed with number of cabins they had to service, but they did a fine job.  The two main shows were very professionally done and the costume changes were  numerous.  One night the show featured a hypnotist which proved to be hilarious.  The show at the comedy club was average.  However, Rob in the piano bar was a great deal of fun.  I enjoyed the martini tasting at the Alchemy bar and the martinis were served in a unique fashion.  Effy jewelry has taken over the jewelry stores aboard the Carnival Line.  Victor, a manager from the NYC corporate office was most fun.  The shop continually had champagne receptions and raffles throughout the cruise which made things interesting.  I got a fabulous buy on a piece of jewelry (and I know jewelry), as well.  I had the early 6:00 seating for dinner in the Atlantic dining room.  Every entree I ordered was cooked to perfection and the meats were quality with no fat or chewiness.  One evening, Chateaubriand was one the menu, and it was some of the finest beef I have eaten.  Kudos to the dining room staff: Maitre 'd 007 who circulated the dining room each evening and made the meal fun with the staff entertainment, Joel, the head waiter, and Herculando, our server who provided excellent service.  The buffet served a themed menu and changed the selection of carved meats each day; accompanied by the standard fare of salads, soup, and starters.  The ship offered afternoon tea on sea days and conducted a very interesting ice sculpting demonstration on the lido deck one afternoon.  Although there was rainy weather for 2 of the three days docked in Bermuda, I was able to navigate through the Royal Naval Dockyard shopping district between the showers.  The 3rd day in Bermuda, I toured the island with Ricky's Island Tours.  It was a 6 hour tour for $60.00 (a price hard to beat).  Ricky is a very knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic individual.  I recommend his tour.  It was a bit of a disappointment that the City of Hamilton and some of the shops in St. George were closed for the holiday.  I did not find it too disconcerting, as I travel to see new and different places and cultures; not to shop until I drop.  I found the items made in Bermuda to be quite pricey so I did not purchase much.  Overall, the crew of the Victory made my cruise one of the most enjoyable ever.  It's not a perfect world, so, yes, there were a few minor glitches here and there; but so minor, as to not worth mentioning.  Wonderful time on the Victory.

Very spacious accessible cabin. Category is 4F (Interior), but is actually actually an outside cabin with a picture window. It is located on the Panorama deck forward. Beautiful view with access to a wonderful deck outside.