Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

The Best Time!

Sail Date: April 28, 2016

What can I say? A non-stop party from the time you embark (sitting in the terminal isn't so much fun) to the time you step off. Traveled with my SO and my 86 year old dad. Was really worried how that was all going to work out, but it was good.  On the plus side - you can do as much or as little as you want. We had a balcony stateroom/king bed on the 8th deck and it was very nice. Comfy bed - cool to have the balcony - and decent size; bigger than I thought. My dad was 6 doors down closer to elevator and he was cool going to the casino and back. He won $1600 so he was even happier. Only downer was the cruise doesn't do old people very well - yes, everyone was courteous to my dad:even sang Happy Birthday to Mr. Nicholas :-) at dinner one night BUT the excursions are tough if not impossible for an older and/or not very mobile person. Just walking the length of the ship is arduous.  There is a shuttle not affiliated with the cruise lines that comes and goes but it was at the end of the ship. Seems like the ship should have people specifically available to help those in wheelchairs, or using canes, etc. It wasn't a deal breaker but we didn't have as much fun in Nassau as we could.Service is overall fabulous with most - if not all - staff going out of their way to serve you in a gracious and speedy way. The food was excessive, good and dinner was my fave - more normal portions. All other times the focus is on quantity, for sure. Drinks are passed and flowing. I also recommend the Cheers package - probably can't drink 15 drinks a day but it paid off for us (maybe 6-7 a day). The early board was good and worth the $49.  Can't bring plastic water or sodas and I do wish I brought the one bottle of wine per person (in carryon)..I wasn't real clear on the carry on beverage policy.  Entertainment on board is decent and goes on until wee hours and is good for all ages - more adult oriented. Several adults only area as there are many kids on board.  All in all a very good time. Good value for the money.  Left Thurs. at 6pm and returned Sunday 6pm and that was long enough for us.

very nice/comfy/enjoyed the balcony