Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Older ship in DESPERATE need of updating

Sail Date: March 20, 2016

For us the cruise was just ok, the weather was not quit what I'm used to in the Caribbean but out of everyone's control and I believe this may have played a small part in why the trip was just ok. Let me start by saying that the food was great, there was only one or two things I tried that I did not like but that is to be expected. The availability of the food was impressive and I never really seemed to wait too long in line for anything. The drinks were awesome and every single one had plenty of alcohol in them which helped! The crew was GREAT by all means, our room steward's name was Antonio and we loved him, he was so friendly and always greeted us with a smile. Crew in all other areas were great and never seemed stressed or unhappy, they truly made the experience better. The reason for the three stars is the overall appearance of the ship and the activities. The ship is old and ran down, while the crew does a great job keeping her clean there is only so much you can do with a ship that seems to be falling apart in some areas. What I mean by falling apart is all cosmetic and has nothing to do with the ships sailing ability. There were missing tiles, wall pieces, flooring was coming up in places, visible mold in a lot of areas including our stateroom shower, paint chipping, wall décor looked bad, and so on. I personally feel that this ship deserves the proper refurbishment and soon. New paint, fixtures, flooring, and so on will go a long way with her. The activities were not impressive and I felt this was due to the fact that she is missing all of the popular 2.0 upgrades Carnival is known for and that everyone loves. The entertainment was not impressive at all and I personally thought the comedian was not funny. I have been on many Carnival cruises, most recently the Breeze, and know that Carnival can do and has done way better in this department. I found myself desperately wanting to get off this ship out of sheer boredom and I have never felt like that on a cruise and this was a disappointment in many ways. The hot tubs were not warm enough, the ones that actually worked, most had broken heaters which sucked in cooler weather. My wish for this ship is Carnival to see her potential and give her the ultimate makeover she deserves, until then I will not sail on her again, however I will be sailing with Carnival again and actually booked on the Vista next year for what I know will be a memorable vacation.

While the cabin was always cleaned, it was PINK and had a "Golden Girls" feel to it. The shower also had mold all in it and the toilet had some issues with flushing at times.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Island was clean and felt safe while there, locals were pleasant and had a great time. The shore excursion was good but too short.
Dirty, ran down, and felt dangerous in many ways. I didn't stay off ship long because I was scared the entire time there.

She needs to be remodeled and soon....