Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Not as kid friendly as I would expect.

Sail Date: March 13, 2016

I was not thrilled with the setup of the kids activities.  The presentation online displayed that my 5 year old and 9 year old would be together and this was not the case.  Also, they forget to mention that after 10 pm there is a charge of $6+ per kid per hour...not that I could hire a sitter for that, but disclosure would have been nice.

Also, not happy with staffing around the pool.  The kiddy pool was closed so we chose to put arm floaties and a waist folatation device on my little guy.  We were reprimanded by staff that they could not have those in the pool.  It took requesting the Captain and Security to get the issue resolved about life saving devices.  Untrained staff led to a VERY POOR experience.

The food was good, drinks were light pours (not strong, but overpriced). The ship itself needs renovation...paint peeling inside and out.  Not sure I would sail this particular boat again, but am going to try 1 more Carnival cruise on a newer ship before I completely say "no more".

Bathroom desperately needs updating. Grout coming out of tiles, door frame is rusted out...was really nasty. The rest of the cabin was nice...dated, but didn't smell and was not warn out
very streamlined