Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

OK, but not exceptional

Sail Date: February 11, 2016

For the most part, the cruise was a fun experience. However our experience was dampened by a couple of things. On the first night I was charged for three dinner upgrades when I only made one...for myself. And if I had not gone down (to wait 20 over minutes in line) to speak with guest services on a different matter, I would not have known about this overcharge until after the cruse was over.

But to make matters worse, I had to go back to guest services (and wait in line again) after discovering the billing error to get it taken off my bill, only to be told that they would have to refer the incident to the Maître De....who not available at that time. So I went in search of someone who might be able to help me in the dining room. Eventually, the assistant maître de came by my table in the dining room and listened to my story. He then took my copy of the bill, and told me he would look into it.

The following day, I received a credit for only HALF of the overcharged amount. So from that point on, I had a sour taste in  my mouth for the remainder of the trip. It was not about the money. It was about having me run around trying to correct an error that THEY made, wasting too much of MY vacation time, and not receiving a just and fair settlement.

The other thing we did not care for was the quality and content of the entertainment on board. I attended two of the musical shows in the auditorium and while the productions seemed lavish enough, the shows themselves were second tier entertainment. Nothing I would ever go pay money for if produced elsewhere. The rest of the ship's entertainment in the various clubs seemed to be about mostly Latin based salsa music.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against this kind of musical entertainment. But there was very little diversity in what was offered over the three nights on board.

But we did have a good time over all. We enjoyed meeting new people and making new friends. And we learned a few things about cruises that we will make sure to consider before booking our next trip in the Caribbean. o, I want to thank you at for your help on our first excursion to the Caribbean and we will surely make plans to do so again at some point in the future.

Yours truly,