Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: January 18, 2016

I surprised my girlfriend with a cruise for Christmas.  Neither of us have cruised before.  We are regular all-inclusive destination travelers.

While we definitely enjoyed our vacation, I personally was not a fan of the cruise as a whole.  I definitely prefer to fly directly to a resort/destination.  I did not particularly like the whole embarkation and debarkation process.  I felt that we were always on a schedule.  We had limited time on the islands.  Nassau was a sad and disappointing destination.  Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay were absolutely gorgeous, and the short time we were able to enjoy on these island were probably the reason this review was "good" overall.

The Carnival website was a little misleading as far as restaurants go.  For instance, I was under the impression there was a Guy Fieri's Burger restaurant on the ship, which was not the case.  Overall the breakfast was decent.  The lunch options were very limited.  Dinner was probably the best meal options overall, but they were very small portions.

Considering this was one of Carnival's older ships, may be the reason for the mediocre review.  It would be nice if we had more time at the islands and so much time wasn't wasted, waiting in lines to exit or return to the ship.

It was okay. Small of course, but I did like the location of our cabin.