Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Recent cruising experience

Sail Date: January 04, 2016

I had a great time on my recent cruise. One of the best parts was, believe it or not, getting to know the staff. Rai, our cabin cleaner was the best!!! I wish I knew his last name because he deserves the best of reviews. He was kind, prompt, always smiling, and he did a great job! Our dining room server, who we called "G" was also fabulous. He was so impressive...he would memorize our favorite drinks and appetizers and have them ready for us each night. (We gad a larger, tough to please group.) The live music was OUTSTANDING.

The only thing that I was less than satisfied with was our excursion in Jamaica. We actually booked it through Carnival. When we arrived to the location, we were completely disappointed by the lack of structure. The staff constantly came up to us to tell us we wouldn't have fun unless we upgraded. The color of our bracelets must have been a dead give away that we bought the basic package. The reason was actually because I am pregnant and cannot participate in the other activities. About 30 minutes after arriving, my husband and I decided to leave. The brochure promised a shuttle every 20 minutes to take people back to the ship. We waited an hour and a half with no shuttle. We asked staff and they said "I don't know where it is." We ended up buying a cab back into town with more money spent and more time wasted. I brought our situation to the excursion managers attention. She told me that "we picked a very laid back excursion" and even kind smirked when I was speaking. We ended up getting a 15% discount which was more like a slap in the face. It told us "we really don't care about the money you wasted." We honestly didn't even want our money back. We just thought Carnival would want to consider taking this excursion off of the list. The manager made it clear that our opinion wasn't wanted and she could really care less.

That was the only thing that didn't go our way. Otherwise, the staff and service, the experience, and the trip as a whole was fantastic. We will definitely be crushing with Carnival again.

I am curious, since I got married and changed my last name, it cleared all oy previous crushing history. Is there a way to merge my previous cruises to my new last name to earn credit in the future?

Rai was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! See comment above.

1 Comment