Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nothing special

Sail Date: December 03, 2015

After having sailed on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships, I must say that I was very disappointed in Carnival Victory. I'll start with some positives first - courteous staff, good size rooms, lots of available chairs on deck (although weather sucked, rained every day), spa services were great, several pool and hot tub locations throughout the ship. Now, for some of the negatives - food was average at best, the waiter was very sarcastic about food quality, or lack thereof, they couldn't even boil potatoes, hard as rock. Food selection was limited, and no specialty restaurants other than the 2 main ones. Buffet food was OK but nothing special. Pool was so so, water in hot tubs was barely luke warm. Entertainment was just OK, mostly singing and dancing, like a high school play. Comedy shows were funny if you like crude sense of humor. Absolutely nothing to do on the ship when docked in port. Thank God for the latin band where we ended up going quite often. Lastly, muster station was by far the longest, 45 min standing there on deck, like a cattle. If this is your first cruise and all you want is to relax and hang out with friends, then you may like this ship. I for one cannot recommend it for 3 main reasons - food quality and selection, entertainment, and cold hot tubs.

Good size cabin, nice bathroom.
Overall, clean ship, with lots of places to sit and relax.
Key West and Cozumel are good stops. Nice beaches in Cozumel.
Equivalent to High School Play. No magic shows, nothing original.
Slow in main dining room. Otherwise, OK.
I can cook better

My tips - get better chefs. Offer something out of the ordinary.

1 Comment