Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Awful boat!

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

Upon entering our cruise ship, it all began.  We were greeted fairly well upon entering the boat however once we reached our room we encountered the first problem.  The porter on the boat was very rude with me when I asked her if I could have my luggage.  She was just there dropping off my husbands bag.  My bag was underneath two other bags at this time.  I asked her since she was there if I could have she said no I will drop off the other bags and then come back with mine.  I asked politely again and she said no.  The third time I stated that my medication was in my luggage and I needed to take it.  She then proceeded to throw the other bags on the ground until she reached mine.  This was after I had to offer to move the bags myself.  I have never received this kind of treatment on any cruise ship I have been on.  Next once we opened the door to our room, we took a look around and saw a lot of things wrong with the ship.  First the ship was very old.  The rooms really need to be remolded.  Also once we looked into the bathroom we noticed that there was black mold in the grout in the shower.  There was a lot of grout missing out the floor in the bathroom.  What grout was there looked to be stained brown.  The doors frames and all around the mirrors were rusting away.  In the bedroom the pink leather couch was all cracked and falling apart.  They tv was so old it was a tube tv!  And my husband believes that there may have been bed bugs on his side of the king/twin bed.  It could have also been the fact that we were not sure if they even changed our linens.  The thing that gave this away was the stain on the sheets that never seemed to have gone away.  But of course housekeeping on this boat made you work around there schedule or it did not get done.  This was also a first for me and we have been on many different ships.  Also on this boat the food was awful.  Out of five nights I only had one good meal.  Some of the food was so tough I couldn't even cut it.  One night I had chicken that tasted like it had been thawed, refrozen and then thawed and cooked. This is just one example of how bad it was.  I have three more.  My husband actually spit the bit he tried out because it was so awful.  Its a shame that my vacation was spent in an awful room with awful service and awful food.  This was such a waste of a lot of money since we paid extra for a balcony room on one of the higher floors of the ship. The one nice thing about this trip was the ports.  It is a nice trip just not a nice boat.  Unfortunately I will never take a trip on this boat again.  We are actually thinking of trying another cruise line now and we have always used carnival.