Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Ship - Carnival Victory

Trip on October 31st 2015

Travel as a solo.

Had Cabin # 6217 - Balcony state room

So booked this cruise which was a 5 day cruise as a back to back. Had just finished another cruise same day on the Carnival Glory. I have a review on that as well here as well. I providing my personal experience and observation of cruise experience with Carnival Victory. I have to admit my review here is a bit similar to the Glory one.

I was able to get a “faster to the fun” option for this cruise and was able to board the ship ahead of everyone else. Finally time came to board and yes I was able to board right away. I will do a separate review of my time in the terminal later. All the staff members were nice and friendly. They really make sure everything's is working, and that you are having a good time. I would suggest checking in before you arrive at the ship, because the lines are LONG if you wait until the day of sailing.

Once off the Gangway I proceeded directly onto the ship and went straight to the Lobby bar as my cruise first day ritual. I am smart as not to run up to the buffet right away. First thing I ordered after looking at the drink menu was a cold beer. Can of Heineken served with a frosted glass. So right away this was looking really good and the service from the bartender girl was amazing. Was thanked by first name right away and I was willing to give an extra tip.

After drink was finished I went to test the “faster to the fun” option by going to the cabin as the cabin is supposed to be ready early. To which it was ready. Cabin was nice, you can tell the ship was older but things looked very clean.The room was obviously old, but not too bad. Rooms on Victory and being with Carnival I noticed are larger then the cruise i had with NCL. In room my order of bottle of wine and Coke is delivered by my cabin steward. I Made. Very amazing service. So overall this looks like going to be an amazing ship.

Ship was very clean overall. Yes a little old but you have to respect a ship that is always going off on a cruise. Gets a beating a bit in the water at times.  Good ship, just needs some upgrades. I really really enjoy and thought in the hallways for the cabins. The decor was really neat, with the lighting arrangement quite interesting.

Activities- they had a ton. Never a dull minute on the ship. From mini golf, to life size chess, bingo, casino, night club, trivia, karaoke, spa, arcade for kids, pool, water slide, teens club... They don't lack in things to do on the ship. Carnival seems to get it right being the Fun Ships. You have a cruise director named Brian who does a rock out dance night in the Libo deck. Gets everyone going on you do a Congo line throughout the ship.

Food on the ship well.There is food 24/7 so that's always a plus. The pizza spot is one of the 24-hour places and it's delicious.

The semi-formal dinner food that is served every night is delicious and always worth it. I ate in the dining room first night for Anytime dining. Very amazing service, you get like 4 servers, well your host and different people. With each step of the way. Food i had a Beef soup.. Beef strog for main and a the signature Carnival Chocolate melting Cake. So good. Also had a glass of red wine. Selections of wine is good. If you order a bottle and not finish, they put it in the fridge and you can have it later during the week.

Other parts of ship for eating, buffet, well lines were abit long on this ship. Selection of buffet is not bad. If you like eating Denny’s food then your good here.  But good selection and a really good salad bar. Also there is a Chinese food in the afternoon. They had a midnight Mexican buffet one night on the ship. Amazing!!

Casino entertainment is small, there is smoking there, being a non smoker, it was hard, but had fun. They fill you up on drinks all you want. so the fun keeps going. I play some Craps and roulette as well. The casino staff were very helpful and even helped me to one of the machines when i was drinking too much so i could continue my fun.

So a few notes to mention.

I enjoyed the towel animals on my bed each night

Used room service twice a bit slow, waited 45 minutes for a grill cheese and a beer. Still not bad. Then you have to consider the server has to find your room with so many people. So I give them credit for that.

Laundry service slow - said they pick up at 10 and return 7pm same evening. i waited 2 days for it, got it 10pm the following day. all well. Also room at night got hot, i think they turn off the AC or something, odd.

Overall I rate my time on the Carnival Victory as amazing. I could go on with more things in detail. I will be writing separate reviews of the excursions by Carnival. So would i said Carnival again, yes. Would I sail on Victory again, yes. Only if i had to though, so personally with a new cruise just looking for a new experience. Doing a different ship always makes the difference in experience. Overall I recommend anyone of any age looking to cruise to consider doing one on the Carnival Victory. Thanks again.

Cruise Photos

Amazing Cabin - very clean - good work from Cabin Steward.
went very well i had FASTER to the Fun
very clean ship
did excursion in Grand Turk and Amber Cove. Amazing
simple but fun. Comedy club lots of fun
Children's Programs n/a
Top service everywhere on the ship. Hands down
Food was great. Dining room service was amazing, food was great. Got to have the Chocolate melting Cake

Try to get a Faster to the Fun Pass