Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Victorious!

Sail Date: October 12, 2015

After reading reviews about the Victory cruise ship, I wish I would have never been so worried in the first place! As this is my 3rd time sailing, it was beautiful to see when I first stepped in. Huge and it was awesome! My friend with me was just taking aback with it as I was. The decor may not be everyone's taste but at least there's some color to make it stand out.

The first day was pretty standard. Went through the mustard drill as swift as they could and then it's time to enjoy! We both settled in and our room was very spacious. We had ours updated *at least the bathroom was* and met the Housekeeping guy. Huge kudos to Ron for every night he would be in the best of moods, singing to himself and if we ever needed him, he was right on time! I even requested a certain animal to be made and as I thought I'd get a simple creation – he went to make it beautifully elegant. Such a sweet man! Dinner was spectacular each night! The waiters we had were so attentive, kind and made sure we were satisfied. They suggested foods if we wanted smother plate since we almost seemed to finish our plates rather quickly *each meal so delicious* making our nights run smoothly. Bartender Natasha was quite rude as she seemed to change her attitude after night 2. She sure didn't hide her disappointment because we didn't want drinks. I guess that set her off as she never returned after that night. Didn't let that ever ruin dinner because the food was the highlight! From beginning to end we left with huge smiles on our faces. Entertainment could have been better but being an older ship, it's not going to be overboard with bells and whistles. I loved bingo nights (that really got the crowd going!) As well, karaoke was a blast! The room always filled so good times indeed.

Both Jamaica, Ochos Rios and Grand Caymen were beautiful in their own way. I really adored Grand Caymen better as I sat down with a nice local who gave a bit more history of the place and also enjoyed Margaritaville! The DJ there had the place going and the food was amazing! Sure kept the drinks going, crowd roaring but not overboard so that was great. People in different shops sure were kind and I even got another souvenir here too.

Oh, one more shoutout to the DJ on the Victory! He sure knows his music! Every day, I was so intrigued because its this suave relaxing music from bopping music that makes you bop to the beat. I'm not one to bop in front of people but the rhythm had me going that I couldn't stop! He had us going on the dance floor and I give props to him each day to play such awesome beats! That should cover it all I believe.

Overall with the reviews of the ship being older, it didn't bother me. You make your cruise as fun as you can make it. The people around us sure did that and I didn't hear complaints as I thought I would. Even if you do your research, you won't know until you have your time on any ship. So far, my experience has been a blast with Carnival! It was so relaxing this time. I'm planning for another cruise to keep my experience open for a different ship but I sure will be sailing on the Victory again too!

Embarking may have taken time but I have no complaints. Got on the ship quickly as they could move us! Disembarkation was much better and out of there in no time! Just be patient! :)
Parents watched their kids make shirts for the final night and most ot them checking in bad such bright faces to see their kids having fun! It seemed like every time we passed by, they were enjoying themselves.
Could have more vareity but I wasn't upset because I found things to do to entertain myself! Hope they can bring better things to this ship cause I loved it! :)
Amazing service! :) Fast and made sure we were filled with food to the brim! Not overstuffed but had such hearty meals.
Delicious meals and the timing was a bit off at times but worth the wait. Enjoyed all my meals.
Miami, Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
As I've seen where people sell you things, don't let it get to you! Say no thank you, have a good day and keep going. Even though I got something (and the guy helped me to get something for a cheap price), don't let it scare you to think they'll hound you down.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Loved the atmosphere! Margaritaville was bumping! :D

Get an early start and make sure have a plan ahead of time. I had my fun times with me at all times because I missed all the fun my last cruise and late to all activities. I made sure to be ahead of time and esp to getting breakfast early, don't have to worry about long lines!