Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Victory 12/2-12/9 many issues

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Room Type: Suite

On embarkation\, we were supposed to be in VIP boarding. There were no signs or special lines that we could see to receive our sail and sign cards. The only VIP sign we saw and went to was security so we went through there. When we got on the other side to board the ship\, we had to turn around and go back through the line for our sail and sign cards. Not very VIP in my opinion and not enough signage to let you know where you were supposed to go. I was of course disappointed in the change of port dates because I had to pay for internet service in order to change my dates. I would not have paid that money otherwise but since our tours were booked prior to sailing and not through Carnival\, that was my only option to change them.
Also related to the change of itinerary was the food and beverages. Most of the time\, only certain areas were open to get drinks and many were closed. I felt they needed all open for the amount of people using them. Also\, the food was cold one evening when we went to Lido deck to eat dinner. We chose the buffet instead of Pacific lounge because it was Cruise Elegant night and the line was very long to get into the restaurant. Many people were doing that even though they were dressed up for dinner\, so \"anytime dining\" was not a good choice in that respect. The choices of food were limited and I am assuming that is because it was well into the cruise before we got new supplies.
I have only been on one other cruise line\, but the Victory was very unbalanced and swayed the entire time we were at sea. The other cruise line we took had no movement except for one night when we had a storm at sea with 38ft. squalls. Other than that\, perfectly still. I am not sure of the reason but others on the cruise said they had been on other Carnival cruises and all were the same regarding constant movement.
The ports overall were great and we had great ease in getting off the ship each time. Only one port did we have to wait very long to disembark and I b

Pros: ports

Cons: change of itinerary;ship movement; food service

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

our room staff was excellent but we found a few wait staff at the buffet and pizza bar that were below average in friendliness and willingness.
I was surprised when I got to my room which was supposed to be a suite. I would call it a verandah room as there was only one bathroom and no area off to the side for sitting. It was just a bigger room than a regular room I would figure. I was expecting a suite as we had on another cruise line which actually was a suite.
However it was sufficient except the bathtub could have been a little larger. Very small
pizza was great and deli when open
I didn't like the fact that you had to go up to deck 5 to go from one end of the ship to the other as you could not go through the Atlantic dining room on deck 3&4. It was fine if you were on your room floor but if you were downstairs it was very inconvenient. You could pass through all other areas so I do not understand why you couldn't pass through that. It should have been located at the front of the ship instead of mid-ship.