Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just So-So""

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

My overall impression of the ship was first one of grand hopes which soon dwindled to a below average experience. With shorter port times\, you spend much more time on the ship. Of subpar notables...I witnessed a man accidentally hit his head and bleed into the pool\, but the pool was only closed for less than an hour. I would think this would be a health hazard. I also witnessed young adults hanging outside of the teen club where parents hoped to drop their kids off with chaparones. I saw kids making out\, people removing clothing\, and other notables in the teen club. The buffet was too accessible to all on the boat and I never saw it being kept as clean as it should.

Pros: Great for young teens\, Gym was kept clean\, Spa services were great

Cons: Short Port Times\, Minimal Food Options\, Subpar Buffet Conditions\, and Pool Options were disgusting

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

The availability of teen activities was great. It was unfortunate that others had to pay for the childcare services after 8pm. It would seem that this would be included with the cost of cruise.
The activities were geared towards the teens\, and older crowd\, or families. That's fine for a cruise. There were not a lot of activities for those aged 25-40.
The staff was friendly and fun. They work hard. They were good at remembering names and being everywhere.
The guest room was in good shape with some scratches here and there. I had a suite with oceanview on a great floor\, so I definitely can't complain.
The dinner seating started with the best food on the first night at sea and then the dinner options declined with each night on the boat. I appreciated the options\, but I did not appreciate the caliber of meals declining as each night went on.
The ship did not appear to be as worn as the age might suggest.