Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good/ Okay for a First Time Cruise

Sail Date: September 28, 2015

My Husband and I just got married so we decided to do our honeymoon on a cruise. This was our first time doing a cruise  so we were very excited.

Overall, I had a great time. However, there were moments that I wish could have gone better, but what can you do?

Pros:

I love the simple fact that there is always something to do on the cruise. They provide you with booklets each day with the schedule on it for the day. I love that everyone on the cruise were polite and ready to have fun, except for one bartender that was just very rude. We got to meet three very different, but great couples there, which we all sat together for dinner every night. I highly recommend for folks to buy the cheers program, especially if you like to drink. it will save you money in the long run.

Cons:

The food could have been better. I am not going to judge the food harshly, considering the fact that they have to serve thousands of people. However, for the amount of money we spent for the cruise and on the cruise the food could have been a lot better (way better!). We came across this very rude bartender (I believe his name was Eugene) and that was the last time I went to that particular bar. Although we did the cheers program and not the bubbles (soda) program every time I asked for a ginger ale the bartenders would look at my card and say you don't have the bubbles program. They made it seem as if I couldn't purchase a ginger ale without purchasing the bubble program. I got upset and told one of the bartenders I know I didn't purchase the program, but can I purchase a soda? The woman said yes, but you would be charged the regular price for the soda. My reaction was, OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKAAAAAY! that is all they had to say instead of brushing me off as if I couldn't buy soda or as if it wasn't an option. I also, didn't like the fact that we had to get on "tenders" to transfer from the ship to Grand Cayman Island because the ship could not doc at the port due to the water (bad waves), but considering the circumstances the cruise members did a great job in doing so. I also was a little upset that we had an outdated TV, when the couple we met showed us their upgrades flat screen TV, but hey I guess I had to dish out a little more money and order to get that (unfair). I feel everyone spent their hard earn money for the cruise and every room could at least have an updated tv.

Overall, we would like to go again hopefully with a better experience.

Except for the outdated TV.
cleanliness great.... but the ships carpet and drapes were a little outdated.