Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Good Cruise with some minor issues ,,,,

Sail Date: September 14, 2015

The cruise as a whole was great. It was a 5 Day from Miami to Jamaica Ocho Rios and Grand CAYMAN>  I was not impressed with Jamaica ( as you can imagine with 17 % unemployment rate ... residents are VERY OVER eager that you purchase their items.  Grand Cayman was a totally different and wonderful experience.  As for the cruise I have positive and negative. POSITIVE : Every member of the crew were fantastic not a bad experience. I wish to give extra KUDOS to the Casino bar tenders .... They went above and beyond albeit the guests that were pretty non appreciative.  In was appalled at the amount of guests that were removing gratuities from their bill. . I thought , based on how hard these people work to serve guests and they are very consistent ., I thought it was so low class to remove the gratuities that were otherwise well deserved.  If you are not going to treat the service industry right .... then DON"T DO IT !!!  These people work hard to make the experience great for you ....  Now the only negative. Carnical changed policy on bringing your purchased booze to your room on the last night of the cruise.  You now have to wake at the crack of dawn  be at a location on the ship ( in this case one of the bars )  and by 6am they will distribute your purchased  bottles of booze.  No One gave direction and told people there were two lines ( one for off ship purchases and the other for on ship purchases ) . Thank Good ness There were two in my party. I spent 1.5 Hours in line to get the Off ship purchases and m roomate spent two hours getting the ON ship ones. That was ridiculous. Now compound that with ... you having to be out of your stateroom by 8:30am.  We were rushed once we returned ... and it ruined any relaxation we had. It was a mad house and nerve racking.  This is my biggest and only complaint.  The cruise itself is worth taking .. the food was good. entertainment needs some work , but  all in all a good cruise.

the room was clean except for missed dusting ... other than that very clean .
See above ..
Miami, Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
STAY AWAY FROM THE OVER ZEALOUS VENDORS>>>
George Town, Grand Cayman

RECOMMEND KAT AND YOKKE at the Casino Bar . They were incredible.