Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I had higher expectations!!

Sail Date: August 27, 2015

I have traveled with Carnival cruise lines in the past and had a great time on my vacation. However this time around on the Victory ship my experience was not at all what I expected. The ship was extremely filled with passengers, there were lines for everything from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. The staff was not helpful in organizing events or even the buffet lines and quite honestly they were very rude. You would  wait for 20 min and of all sudden a staff member would jump in front of you and say the buffet had closed.

The pools were small and  always full, the on board activities were repetitive, same thing every single day. Our state room was on a decent floor however it was old and dirty. The entire ship was outdated and was dirty. On more than one occasion while having lunch or dinner, utensils and cups were improperly cleaned and had food or lip stick residue. The food was not what I expected, especially having traveled with carnival before. It could make you sick, which by the way it did. there are no onboard restaurants either.

Unfortunately, we had several encounters with staff that were either not helpful or very rude. On top of everything else we had to check or onboard spending daily as we found that we would get charged for services twice or three times making us hesitant about even purchasing water.

My boyfriend and I made the best of it, still we are no longer planning on vacationing with carnival again.

Best of luck vacationers and stay away from the victory!!!

old, dirty and small