Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

eh spend more money on a better cruiseline

Sail Date: August 22, 2015

For the cost, it was okay. They served pretty much the same thing breakfast, lunch and dinner with a few variations here and there. I didn't like that the let people smoke in the outside dining area, fairly close to where the food is served. We left an hour and half late which got us to our first destination an hour hate. Since it was such a short day and we had to be back on the ship at 2:00 that sucked; especially for the people that missed their morning shore excursions. The room was so dated and not all that impressive. The shower did have good pressure, but we had a few showers where the water got burning hot and then turned freezing cold right after.The walls were paper thin, so we could hear absolutely everything!!!!!They did have structured activities that they plan throughout the day, but more so at night but otherwise there really wasn't much to do. I was really glad there was only one day at sea.There was a casino, a miniature golf course,  running track and three pretty small pools to fit the 3500 people that were on board. There was no adult pool, so if you did want to go in a pool on one of those hot days, you were going to have to get splashed around by the droves of kids in the pools. They did have Jacuzzi's in the adult area, but that wasn't that appealing since it was so hot. The cruise director was awesome and sooo funny and made the shows he was part of lots of fun. I would never book with Carnival again. You know what they say you get what you pay for. I will stick to my overpriced but phenomenal Disney cruises.

Cruise Photos

Please update these rooms. I wanted a clock and a refrigerator in my room. I actually like knowing what time it is, especially when I have to be at a shore excursion or activity at a certain time. I asked for a clock and they said, not possible. If you need to keep the water bottles cold that you buy or food you might want to save cold, no luck because the is no fridge. The TV is a boxed tv with horrible picture. I mean flat screen tvs are not that expensive these days. There was only two plugs in the room, so we had to choose what to charge. I'd say bring an extension cord of you want to charge a couple of phone and an Ipad. I needed to curl my hair for dinner, but we needed to charge our phones from a full day of taking pictures, so we had to charge them in shifts.
We left late. We were suppose to leave at 4:00 and left a little after 5:30 but I will say they did a great job with getting everyone off the ship in a orderly manner with very little hassle. I was impressed with that.
This cruise was definitely geared more towards adults.
not much variety