Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Good for your money

Sail Date: August 03, 2015

Overall I had a great time. The ship itself was clean and well laid out. They made getting off on and back on the boat extremely hassle free and quick. SERVICE: everyone was very friendly, attentive, and professional. Some bartenders were better than others. Our server at dinner and room attendant really stood out. We spent a lot of our time at the casinos, enough to know that some dealers were much friendlier than others. One specifically, on multiple occasions, was rude to the guests and would even move around bets on the craps table without request and refused to 'chip up' when asked. FOOD: I would have liked better food. More specifically, the room service was extremely difficult to contact at all hours of the day. Once my order had been placed, it arrived quickly, but getting a hold of them on the phone seemed impossible. The dinner food each night was as expected, bland to please the masses. It seemed too that they strategized when they would give out the good stuff i.e. the captains night and the last night was the best meals. The buffets were as expected and the 24 hour pizza was delicious! The 'restaurants' were definitely not open enough hours and seemed pointless to even be there i.e. the Chinese chopsticks was only open 2.5 hours a day for lunch, even on port days. DECKS: We mostly enjoyed the adults only pool/jacuzzi so I can not speak much for the main deck. The pool/jacuzzi were nice but rather small to fit all the guests who preferred this accommodation. More so, the signs indicating that it was an adult only area were small and not visible to many so were ineffective and the staff did a very poor job and implementing the policy. Being that the pizza is closely located to the adults only pool, this was often an issue. I also experienced problems with the over chlorination of the pools, making them unenjoyable as my eyes burned just being in shoulder deep after five minutes. ENTERTAINMENT: Coming from a minimal dance background, I would say the performers needed improvement as they were often unsynchronized. The comedians were very entertaining but I would say needed to be moved to the big theater since lines had to form an hour before the show and still yet it was a standing room to get in. For these reasons we only enjoyed one of the shows. The best entertainment was on the last night, the up-close magic show by Rakin. I highly suggest everyone take the time to check him out. He is very talented, professional, and friendly. I feel sorry for those who were unable to experience his talents and would like to see him get more time slots and would suggest he get the red and black bar to perform in rather the Alchemy off to the side bar. We enjoyed the art action very much and even bought a piece. This was not something we expected to do on the trip but Andris and Andre were very personable and made our first art action experience very enjoyable. On land this is something that would of been too intimidating to try out so I am glad for it.

Spacious and clean, would of much appreciated an updated TV.

Our stateroom near the back was prime location for us to be near everything: our dining room, pool, and bar/club areas.