Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Review of Carnival Victory Cruise

Sail Date: July 16, 2015

My family, consisting of my husband, myself and 3 children (ages 17,14,12yrs) all traveled aboard the Carnival Victory cruise ship for a 5 day, 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel.  I found the accommodations clean and pleasant enough. There were plenty of activities available on board for all age groups.  The food was plentiful and sufficient.  While there were healthy options available through the dining room, the pool side options were limited when it came to healthy options.  Lots and lots of fried food.

The only complaint I would have is that while Carnival does market itself as a family cruise and there are activities for the children, the price point makes it attractive to the masses and there were masses of partying adults.  It was interesting to me that while they had adult only pools, there were no children only pools.  Quite honestly, I felt that they should have children only pools because most of the pools were over populated with loud, drinking, drunk adults.

We did enjoy the evening shows. The performers and dancers were top notch and the staff was very friendly, professional and accommodating.  I would recommend this cruise line, however I will be very honest about what they can expect if traveling with children.

Excellent shows and performances. Top notch.
There was a urine smell in the bathroom the first couple of days. I am very familiar with this smell having a young boy in the house. But it disappeared by the 3rd day. I guess the steward took care of it. Other than that, very comfortable and clean.