Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Good, relaxing time

Sail Date: June 08, 2015

Good food, good service, clean ship.  The staff (particularly the cabin stewards) went out of their way to engage in hallway conversation every time we saw each other.  Just a quick, "Enjoy your day at the pool" or "Don't forget the sunscreen", and always with a pleasant tone.  Within an hour of boarding the ship, our cabin steward knew our names and never once did he not address us by name.  Amazing, considering the number of people he sees week to week.

I did miss a couple of things on this cruise.  First, there is no longer a chocolate left on the pillow during turndown service.  I'm sure it is saving them millions across the fleet, but it was a nice touch.  I suppose I can bring my own chocolates...

Second, the Vegas-style shows have always been nightly.  This cruise there were only two of them.  There were activities each night, but I really have looked forward to these nightly shows in the past.  I hope this is not a permanent change.

The menu in the dining room was the same standard menu that I have enjoyed on past cruises.  No complaints about the food - it was all very good.  It just seems that after several years there would be some updates to their menu.

Miami, Florida
We came in a day early and drove to Key West. Cheap car rental and easy drive. Totally worth it
George Town, Grand Cayman
I just love Grand Cayman. This was a repeat trip for me, and I will continue to enjoy coming back. No shore excursions for us this time. You can get ground transport to 7 mile beach for about $20/couple one way. Go early. All inclusive and adults only. Great option if you don't want to spend the higher price on shore excursions
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
There is a small beach/swimming area right where the ship docks - free of charge. There is some shopping right off the pier, but the high pressure sales tactics are a big turnoff to me. If you want to do more than just hang out at the beach by the pier, take an excursion and get away from the pier area. There was a party catamaran that looked like a lot of fun. Lots of offers for ground tours by folks on the pier.

Aft corner balcony room is awesome. Balcony is HUGE! Deck 7 - no noise from above or below.

1 Comment