Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fantastic vacation!

Sail Date: May 16, 2015

This was my first cruise and I was a bit unsure about going on a cruise before we left, but my experience was great. There were over 3,200 people on our cruise so I was expecting things to be more crowded, but there were so many things to do on the boat that people were dispersed among the different activities so things never got too crowded.

We had a great time on the boat and the shows and activities were a lot of fun. Our experience at the ports was only ok (which is why I only gave this cruise 4 stars), and we actually ended up having more fun on the boat then we did at the ports.

The staff on the boat is really what made our cruise so great though. We had a fantastic group of waiters in the dining hall and we actually looked forward to seeing them every night and were sad to say goodbye on our last night. Our room steward was fantastic as well and very friendly.

Tips for others considering this cruise:

Parking at the port of Miami costs $20/day so it may end up being cheaper to fly depending on the size of your group (with the cost of gas and parking, we would have been better off flying)

You cannot get into the city in Grand Turk from the port without taking a taxi-so plan to take one or book an excursion

Nassau is very dirty if you venture outside of the main shopping area- take a taxi to destinations that are further from the port or be prepared to walk through some run down areas

Overall, I really enjoyed this cruise and would not hesitate to cruise with Carnival in the future. The rooms could use an update in the decor, but they were much bigger than I was expecting based on other reviews I've read and they were very clean and comfortable. The staff on the boat is great, and they really work hard to provide you with a great experience.

Try the warm chocolate melting cake if you like chocolate!
Our waiter Wilfredo was absolutely fantastic! We also enjoyed our steward Duhon!
If you don't have young children with you make sure you go to the Love and Marriage show!
I didn't personally have any experience with these but I did notice a lot of activities designated for children
Something fun to do every day!
Next time I would definitely book an excursion
Much bigger than I expected!
Miami, Florida
Would be great for those interested in partying on South Beach or visiting art museums, but we don't fit either of those categories so it was only ok. We did have some fantastic food there though and I would definitely recommend trying Enriquetas and La Patagonia Argentina.
Grand Turk Island
We planned on going into the city for sight seeing, but given the setup of the port it wasn't as easy as we thought.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
The island was gorgeous, but the tender ride was miserable. My experience would have been much better if they provided a more comfortable tender boat with less people on it. (They load 400 people on the boat onto hard bleacher seats and you end up spending almost an hour because it takes so long to get that many people on and off the boat)
Very dirty! Take a taxi or go to Atlantis!

We got a room on the middle of the boat near the bottom because I read that you wouldn't feel the rocking as much there and it was very convenient. It was right next to the elevator so it was easy to get to anything on the boat and the movement of the boat was less noticeable there.

1 Comment