Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice Getaway

Sail Date: May 07, 2015

This was a nice getaway.  We have cruised with Carnival previously and I will have to say we were a bit disappointed in this cruise.  The last day of the cruise the food was horrible.  Instead of being seated for dinner we were told we should know where I table was.  When I said something to the Maitre D he was incensed that I was upset at the casual, rude treatment.  His response was after 4 nights we should know where our assigned table was by now.  Really...???...  I told him real clearly that this was not the type of service I was accustomed to with Carnival.  The crew was busy preparing for the new arrivals the next day.  Everyone  seemed too busy to deliver the typical service on the last night.  I was very disappointed and it was not what we were used to.  The ship had a smell to it.  Not really unpleasant, just, stale, chemical smell. For a ship that just come out of dry dock in March, being 'refurbished' you could not tell. We will try a different cruise line for our next cruise.

Our para sailing in Key West was excellent.  Our Discover Mexico - Jose Cuervo tour was excellent.

While it was a nice get away and over all a good cruise, it left a lot to be desired compared to previous sailings.

Miami, Florida
Key West, Florida
The line to get off the ship was very long, hot, chaotic. Took us 45 min to get off the ship. Almost late for our excursion. After doing this so many times you would expect better.

Look at a different ship! Refurbished - not good.