Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

We had a great time!

Sail Date: April 18, 2015

My husband and I really enjoyed our cruise. The staff on the ship was really lovely. The cruise director "Donkey" was charming and adorable. The shows were very well done. The comedian (Thea Vidale) was quite funny.

I haven't been on a cruise since I was in high school (I did a Norwegian and a Carnival then) and I think this was much better. The stateroom was pretty spacious (much more so than I remembered the others being) and the food was much much better. I feel like I have a much more refined palate now as an adult and I thought the food was great. Pizza bar was legit. Lobster and filet of beef cooked perfectly. Lunch buffet and dinner in the dining room were on point. One exception to the good food was breakfast. The hot options in the buffet were abysmal (eggs were not real, sausage was super greasy). I stuck with croissants, cereal and fruit.

We got the drink package and I think we would skip it for the next cruise. We're drinkers but we were just trying to have a relaxing honeymoon and by the end, we were drinking only to get our money's worth. (If you are there to party, get the drink package.)

As far as the ports I wasn't thrilled with Nassau. I cruise dock area is more for shopping and dining out. The locals will try to get you to buy their chotchkies. Looking back I wish we would have booked an excursion that day because the closest beach wasn't great at all. Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk had wonderful beaches and I highly recommend both those ports for beach bums.

Overall, my husband and I really enjoyed this cruise and are looking forward to another one in the future.

Clean! Fun atmosphere
Lunch and Dinner - Execellent! / Breakfast - Awful (2 outta 3 ain't bad)
out steward, Edi, was great!
Donkey, Edi, the woman from Belarus in the lobby bar
Children's Programs N/A but I heard they were great.
Miami, Florida
Spend a couple days in South Beach
Plan an excursion. Don't plan on going to the beach. Eat, drink, shop or do an excursion.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
beautiful beach; get there early to get a good spot
Grand Turk Island
nice beach, has public and private spots, the Margaritaville there has good food

Bring a jacket/wrap/sweater! The dining room and theaters are FREEZING.