Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Vacation Nightmare!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

The ship was nice\, clean but a little outdated compared to other Carnival ships we have sailed on. My husband had a medical emergency on the second sail day and we had to disembark in Barbados to receive additional medical attention\, and when able\, flew home from Barbados. The medical staff on the ship were great\, very compassionate as well as competent. We sadly\, did not take the trip insurance\, so the experience cost us a small fortune. Including the treatment received in the ship's infirmiry. Will not make that mistake again!
The port agent assigned to us in Barbados was helpful\, but over-charged for every requirement. (Taxis\, hotel room\, etc.) She sent a taxi to our hotel to take us to the airport and told us it would be $40.00. The hotel employee said local taxis would charge $18 - $20.00. Needless to say\, we took a local taxi\, and wondered how much the port agent ripped us off on other expenses.

Pros: Cruise staff

Cons: Port Agent

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

Was only able to dine in the dining room twice\, and the food was just okay. Not as good as previous sailings. I get the feeling Carnival is trying to \"cut back\" a little\, but then I guess\, so is everyone.
Stateroom was clean but slightly outdated
Staff was extremely helpful\, particularly during a medical emergency suffered by my husband
Attended only one show\, but as usual\, the entertainment is always good. I noticed the live orchestra is getting smaller and smaller. Still had a good sound.