Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

This was an absolutely terrible experience. If I could go back and do it again\, I would have just flown down to the caribbean myself and stayed in a hotel for a nice relaxing vacation. Instead it was a nightmare from saltwater H*LL. Every single thing was an ordeal. We would ask for directions to get to one part of the ship\, and each staff member would give you a different answer (all of them being wrong). My boyfriend and I would spend time primarily in the adults only section called Serenity and hours would go by without a waiter in site. When I finally walked down to the main part of the ship to find a waiter\, he didn't believe me that there were no waiters\, and instead of taking my order\, instisted that he will call someone to go up there. After an hour had gone by\, no one had come. I went back down and found someone else\, and they made a phone call. After another 30 minutes\, a waiter comes by and takes my order and my card. After about 15 minutes he comes back and says that our Sail & Sign card isn't working and that we need to go to the kiosk to find out what the problem is. He directed us to the nearest one (gave us the wrong floor) and the kiosk basically told us nothing. When we asked a passing staff member for help\, she sent us to guest services. At guest services they told me my bank had rejected the request and given an \"insufficient funds\" error message. I told them that was impossible and asked them to try again. They INSISTED the problem is on my bank's end and would not try to do it again. After some arguing\, I finally had to call my bank from CELL PHONE to find out the problem. My bank said that they have not sent out that error message and gave me my balance which was more than sufficient. They told me they had never even gotten the request. When I told this to the guest services member\, I was told that the problem must be at my bank's end...again. This time I handed them the phone so they were forced to speak to each other and my bank

Pros: Clean

Cons: Hidden Fees\, Horrible Staff\, Tacky Decor\, Crappy Food

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

It was a maze to get anywhere and the maps and the staff's directions were useless. It was clean\, though.
Sub par overall. Buffet was horrible. Almost everything was unhealthy. The dining room had decent food\, but room service refuses to serve cooked food in the cabins...only sandwiches!
Only good part of our cruise. And our stewardess was wonderful.
Again\, with the exception of our stewardess\, everything was terrible!