Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Had a great time!!

Sail Date: June 01, 2013

The cruise was great and I would highly recommend it! It was my third cruise and my wife's first cruise and we both had a great time. Here are soem points & recommendations I would make:
1. The best beaches are at halfmoon cay and grand turk. They are easily accessible by foot and you don't need to go anywhere.
2. Nassau was fun\, but it's a crowded turist city that had 4 cruise ships docked at the same time. I suggest planning an excursion or having something planned ahead of time or else you'll spend your time wondering from shop to shop with lots of crowds.
3. We had the late dinner and ran into some long lines if we showed up at the scheduled time. I suggest showing up 20 minutes late and you will walk straight to your table.
4. There were long lines to get back on the boat as well\, especially at halfmoon cay where you took a boat to get on & off the ship. Not sure what you can do about it other than try to go back early to beat the crowd. put on extra sunscreen before standing in line.
5. Snorkeling in grand turk was AWESOME! did the power snorkeling and loved it. I didn't try the other two ports but heard they were good as well.
6. Eat breakfest and lunch in the main dining room when possible. Better food than the buffets.
7. There is a ton of stuff to do on the ship so take some time to read through the little flyer they give you on the first day. We missed some fun stuff simply because we didn't know it was going on. For example\, we didn't know about the pool-side movies until the last day and wished we had been able to see at least one. Ran out of time to do lots of stuff on the ship.
8. there will be a huge rush for the dining rooms when the ship leaves a port since everyone just got back on and is hungry. Take advantage of room service instead of fighting the crowds.
9. The first day and a half was very bumpy\, so talk to your doc about how to handle the nausea ahead of time if you think you may have a problem. there are some

Pros: Great ports\, extremely nice staff\, Tons of stuff to do

Cons: ran into some long lines

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Had a room with a balcony and it was great. Balcony + room service is a great combo.
Food options were more limited than I expected. Had a day where none of the food seemed that good. But this wasn't bad enough to really bother us.