Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fair value for the money

Sail Date: January 15, 2015

Food was mediocre and was virtually the same in the dining room as on the buffet. Room was spacious and housekeeping staff were always very friendly. Ship arrived in Key West at 730 am and shops and activities did not open until 9 and we had to be back at ship at noon so it was not much time in port. Appreciated ability to watch NFL playoffs on the big screen by the pool. DID NOT appreciate the marketing campaign disguised as an informational session for shopping in Cozumel. Every time we tried to go to the shore excursion desk they were closed. Twice we went to the gift shop during posted open hours and they were closed. The staff at the guest services desk did not seem to be familiar with the ship. They could not tell me the hours that the buffet was open. I spoke with one gentleman who said he had waited in line for 40 minutes for a slice of pizza because there was only one person working both the counter and making the pizza during peak dining time. At the buffet, the worker in front of me was wiping the counter, dropped the cloth on the floor, picked it up and continued to wipe down the buffet counter! The guests on this cruise were all about partying. I would rather spend a little more and get a less rowdy group and higher quality. I have cruised on Royal Caribbean and Holland American and was more impressed with the quality on both of those lines but, of course, the cost was also more. Overall, it was a fair value for the price we paid but not sure I would choose Carnival again.

Miami, Florida
Key West, Florida
booked the snorkel through cheapcruises and it was terrific! We had 8 people on our boat, compared to other boats we saw which had 30 people.