Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

New Year's Day Victory

Sail Date: January 01, 2015

My 23 year old daughter and I decided to book a cruise to have some fun together.  The Victory delivered exactly that for us.  We had a great time traveling to Key West and Cozumel.  I found the Carnival Victory to be more laid back and not as formal as a past Royal Caribbean cruise I went on.  The staff was good - not exceptional.  The food was good - not exceptional.  The pools were very tiny as were the bars.  The size of the ship and activities on-board were okay for a 4 night cruise but not for a longer cruise.  As we were trying to save money, we booked an interior cabin.  I was amazed and very pleased with the size and layout of the cabin.  I would highly recommend this cruise line for someone looking to have a lot of fun and not spend as much money as some other cruise lines charge.  I would not recommend this cruise line for someone looking to be more pampered.  Favorite - Swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel.  What I would not do again - purchase the $25.00 Fun Book for shopping in ports.  What I would do again - purchase Faster to the Fun!

The ship is older and in need of a renovation which I believe is scheduled.
The food was good - just not amazing.
The size of the interior cabin surprised and pleased me.
The staff was good - not amazing. We asked our steward for 4 towels each day instead of 3 but did not receive them. We also asked for ice each day and did not receive that either.
The destinations were okay - I don't think I'd return to Cozumel again - BUT - we did very much enjoy swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel.
Miami, Florida
Horrible traffic!
Key West, Florida
Beautiful town - a lot to see and do on a walking tour
This is not the real Mexico. Everything besides the shops directly at the port close very early - Not good since we were there until 9:30 at night.