Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

You get what you pay for.

Sail Date: October 09, 2014

Room Type: Suite

I have been on numerous cruises over the years and this cruise with Carnival was what i had expected.We only had a couple options with regard to cruises at this time, and we decided to take this cruise. Overall, my son had a great time and loved the ship and activities, but for us adults, the cruise was average. The suite we had was nice and well equipped, and had room for 4.The food was rather bland.When I was younger and had fewer experiences, I thought that the food was great and special, but as I have gotten older and experienced more quality foods, it was evident that the food on the cruise was average. The staff were good until the last day when a couple people working in the bar were apparently tired and overworked. The dining staff were nice and helpful. I always think that the staff are from poorer countries, with few options, and are overworked, but try to put on a pleasant face, and accommodate us.

The population on the ship, was not what I had expected. overall, people were friendly, but I began to wonder if there was a tattoo shop on the ship, as I had never seen so many inked up people. There needed to  be a Biggest Loser competition, as the morbid obesity rate was >70%.

If you are looking for an inexpensive way to cruise and see the world, and this is your first cruise,then this would be a great cruise. But if your are an experienced cruiser and are looking for a first class trip then I would look into other lines. Our trips on Norweigan and earlier Carnival trips were better , the ships were in better shape.

Having said that , our son thought it was the best trip ever, so don't rule it out .

older but clean
Bland and appealing to the buffet grazers, who want quantity over quality
Service and Staff Wayne who took care of our room. Great job