Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I would not recommend this cruise or cruiseline to anyone!!

Sail Date: September 06, 2014

I have been on 4 cruises I cruised to Bermuda but don't remember the cruise line in 2000, Royal Caribbean (2007), Disney (2013) and Carnival last week.  My husband and I chose this cruise because we wanted to visit Jamaica but he didn't want to be "stuck" as he put it on the island for a week.  Oh how I am regretting that decision now.  I was skeptical about the cruise because although Carnival is popular, it isn't really my style.  They are know for partying and I really don't party that much on vacation, but they didn't even live up to that for me.  I knew the ship was old buy my prior Youtube research and expected our stateroom to look like we had been sent back in time to the early 90's.  But I was thrown for a loop buy the small size of the ship, it's condition and the horrible food!  I guess that is what I get for going on Disney before we took this one.  The atrium was small and crowded with a bar scattered seating.  Once I saw that, I knew that this ship would give me nothing photo worthy.  I didn't take one picture of anything on that ship.  I felt like the ship wasn't made to accommodate the number of passengers it carries.  There was never anywhere to sit when eating at the buffet and the pool was constantly full of children.  Which I thought was strange because they all should've been in school this time of year.  The shows were whack and cheesey, we walked out on the one we went to see.  The only good thing about the Carnival Victory was the itinerary!  We were so happy when we docked in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and got some of the best food we had eaten the entire trip!  In my  opinion, this ship is an over priced booze cruise, but it baffles me how anyone even got drunk because the drinks were over priced and watered down.  They don't provide any real cable channels in your stateroom because they want you to wonder the ship and spend all your money.  So of course on Sunday the sports bar was packed with football fans looking for ESPN.  The staff was terrible and service was horrible.  We order hot tea and hot chocolate from room service and it took 30 mintues.  Then  the next day realized the we could have gotten it quicker ourselves since our room was right next to the door out to the lido deck where the buffet was.  Our toilet had a port-a-potty odor that grew stronger with the passing days.  My advice to anyone looking for good entertainment, food, décor and spacious staterooms.......don't choose Carnival.  I will just pay the money and take Disney any day or Royal Caribbean.........Carnival just robbed us.

Although the first comedian we had was hilarious!