Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Refurb Me Soon

Sail Date: May 31, 2014

Before I start I had a great time and I think everyone should go on a cruise whichever ship or company you go on. I just did not feel like a king here and service was below standards to me but you may have a different experience.

Oh my world! this ship is falling apart The big screen TV is missing pixcels and most of the time it was a fish tank or hawaii. 2 movies a day. I never seen such a waste of money. You would think they would use it to promote the ship you were on and what events they had going or did but not that I had seen and we were there alot since we smoke. The pools were never empty and green and scum scale was around them. Serinty was on the front of the ship and you had to go thru the water slide line to get there oh and since you are on the front of the ship the wind gets you. Hot tubs were like bath tub water about 90 degrees. The ceiling was falling down and the salt shakers had rust in them....have you ever open a salt shaker and looked at what you were putting in your food? Now I did tell an officer and he said he would tell someone but they never cleaned them on this cruise and the pool....let us not forget the green pool.

Bar tenders were very slow and mix drinks were inconsistant some strong some weak. In order to get a drink they have to get your Sail & Sign card swipe it give it to you to sign and then go get your drink. We used the casino and pool bars alot because you can smoke there. There is one lady at the casino bar that I think was her first time ever bar tending she was the slowest and could not keep up. The floor runner had to come back there and get their own drinks. Entertainment was okaybut most of them started around 9pm and were on too many decks 3,4 and 5

Tv are the old box one and ours was more red than color. No cam views on the tv. This is our 3rd cruise and all with Carnival and the worst

I think we are going to try NCL since their prices are almost the same. We bought the Cheers drink card and I do reccommend it about $53 per day and you can buy it the second day but everyone 21 or older in the room has to get it. 6 dinks per day and it pays for itself plus you get a discount on water ($1.30 cost) and soda comes with it. 1st day they have it offer on the pool deck to signup for it.

We used the air package with cruise and when we got to the airport Carnival was waiting for us took us to the  Carnival desk and we got our Sail & Sign card right there got on the bus and went to the ship passed by all the people waiting to get their Sail & sign card and onto the ship in less than 45 min from landing in the airport. Wow I would do this again in a heartbeat. After the cruise was as easy  to get back to the airport.

this ship needs updating
lobster is always on 2nd night order 2
we had the L shape room and was nice but the tile in shower bathroom was broke and rusted balcony had all kinds of rust
we had to always ask for more ice to keep our drinks cold yes I was tipping $ each day but then I had stopped because of it
it started to late and was on 3 different decks
Miami, Florida
I had watch the show about Miami Airport and this was easy in and out
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We did the tranopy adventure what a great time
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the deluxe Stingray City Sand Bar had a great time

they need to change the layout of this ship when they dry dock it in October