Great destinations, not so great ship experience

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Victory

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: March 31, 2014

Ship: Carnival Victory

Review Summary

We took our kids on this trip for their spring break. It was a fantastic deal for three great beach days and the staff was very nice. We were disappointed by the cleanthliness of the ship and the food. When we arrived our cabin was not clean--hair all over the shower, toothpaste in the sink, etc. I had heard cruising was known for its food, but I was hungry almost the entire time on the ship. I have three small kids and prefer to feed them healthy, fresh food. Instead, the buffets and most of the dining room foods were heavy and fried. For most of the trip I was under the impression there was no salad bar, but I found one the last day offering only lettuce, carrots and radishes. Lastly, the Carnival kids program was fantastic! My kids really liked to go, but unfortunately this isn't a great ship for kids because of the noise. Every night we were up until 3 am with yelling and loud banter in the halls which ended when the bars closed on the ship. It made the trip more difficult having three exhausted kids each day from being woken up all night.

Ship Experiences

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)

Grand Turk Island