Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Carnival Victory Dec 7-16, 2012

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Room Type: Suite

Carnival Victory is an excellent ship. One of Carnival's "older" ships, she is in excellent shape and very clean. It was decorated for Christmas which added to the atmosphere. We were in an Ocean Suite and the room was excellent. Only complaint I had, was being a "big" man, the whirlpool bathtup is quite small requiring me to turn sideways to shower!
We had an excellent room steward (Girrard) and outstanding wait staff in the dining room, I Wayan (haedwaiter) I Gede (Team waiter) and David (Asst Teamwaiter). Food was typical Carnival food, good, but not outstanding and it was adequate. Never went away hungry. We only attended one show which was very good. Had very few meals on the Lido deck due to being overcrowded. Overall Victory is a great ship.

Pros: The itenerary was excellent, though very busy. Southern Caribbean is very beautiful. Excursions were wonderful.

Cons: Apparently Carninval provides deep discounts to Puerto Rican Locals if the ship is not full. We were a vast minority with over 85% of the ship being Puerto Rican. I am not racist by any means and not a biggot but we found most people to be rude, obnoxious and pushy. Common coutesy was non existant.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!