Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Total let down...

Sail Date: December 19, 2013

Was looking forward to my first cruise as everyone told me how much I would enjoy cruising over all inclusive.

I was very dissapointed by the lack of hospitality. The first night we were woken up by the fire alarm going off in our stateroom at 5am. When I spoke to guest services the next day, it was clear that caring wasn't part of their job. We were told to turn up our air and "hope" it would help.

The meals were okay, a little small and we were never given a chance to order more if we wanted. The service was quite poor. I was travelling with a gluten free guest and they did not understand nor accommodate to the needs.

The one night we were a little late going into dinner and we asked before entering if it was better if we went down to the buffet as we didn't want to put them out since we knew we were late. We were seated graciously by the gentleman at the door and he explained it was alright we could just order the entree though. There were still several people in the dining room just finishing their appetizer so we figured it would be fine. We were made to feel very awkward and unwelcome by our server as if we were being a bother. We quickly ate and left.

The drinks and some games...Be prepared for expense. We paid $20 for a bingo card that lasted about 15 minutes and then was over. The lemonade, ice tea was nice throughout the day but if you wanted anything to drink you had to go back through the lido deck buffet as that is the only place they had the drink station. They would not bring you juice or pop around by the pool, booze only. This was dissapointing as you'd find a perfect chair in the sun and loose it when you got up to get something non-alcoholic to drink.

I was so unimpressed by a lot of the ship. I enjoyed the hot weather and the cleanliness of the ship though and it was clear they worked hard to make it clean.  Our room steward wayan made the trip for us. He went over and above however it wasn't enough to salvage the bad attitudes of the staff. We will not be returning on carnival.