Did not meet expectations
Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: December 05, 2013
Ship: Carnival Victory
Cabin Type: Inside
Cabin Number: 9203
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Carnival cruise did not live up to our expectations. As a Florida resident I thought this trip would be an excellent start to regular curuising. This was my first cruise ever celebrating my 10 year annivesary, I chose it based on comercial, adds, online announcements and from past cruisers. Little did we know that we will never forget this cruise regretably for the wrong reasons.
I had several bad experiences in the cruise. I would certainly love the cruise line to know.
I will certainly not be cruising with carnival again. This was my first and last time.
1. We arrived at 1230 pm and our bags took longer than 4 hours to arrive at the room.
2. I asked some employees for help during the cruise about where activities were or how to locate a place and the response from at least 4 different individuals was “I don’t know” or a nodding of the head because they did not speak English.
3. Room service rarely picked up the phone. Only got to order once.
4. Guest services rarely picked up the phone or places you on hold for more than 5 minutes.
5. My driver’s license got lost on the boat and the first person I spoke to in guest services gave me an impression of i don’t care. A second time they asked us “why we had not filled a report to begin with”.
6. We had a couples massage and were not offered to drink some water or if we had to use restroom prior too.
7. The hallway floor in the spa rooms was soaking wet. I got up during my massage to us the restroom and would have had a heads up to wear shoes.
8. Every morning around 7:30 am someone would vacuum the hallway. Really inappropriate for those trying to sleep in during vacation specially when snoozing sign was on door.
9. The fruits in the buffet and room service were hard to consume because they were not ripped enough.
10. They ran out of French toast the first morning with 2 whole hours until breakfast ended.
11. If I would actually receive the information of where I can find the pictures they bombard me with they maybe I could purchase them instead of giving up having to scan thousands of picture.
12. I ordered strawberries for the room to be placed in room prior to or upon arrival but they got there later 5:00pm when I got back to room to check on luggage. The strawberries were then hot.
13. When I got tired of picture taking I got a sarcastic remark from an employee… “we are only trying to make a living”…so I said “well I am trying to be on vacation” of course with a smile and not trying to be rude but I feel that if I do not want to take a picture I’m actually saving you printing paper.
14. Other than this my experience was worthwhile because of 3 individual who took the time to learn our names and ask us about our stay. Those individuals were Arisara our room attendant, Francisco and Kumon our dining room server. I would have tipped them but I had not brought much cash on board.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share our experience.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
DOnt stuff yourself at the lunch buffet wait till dinner time where you can ask for what ever you like; if you dont like it you can always get something else.