Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great service. A "Victory for Carnival." Do everything, or do nothing at all!

Sail Date: September 12, 2013

The entire process was as easy as could be, beginning with parking. We went right from the parking garage to the terminal. Once on board the ship, our stateroom was clean, and so comfortable. The pillows and blankets were the most luxurious I have ever encountered and the temperature of the room was controllable. The beds were a little harder than I am used to, but that is a personal preference and it would be hard to put select comfort beds in all rooms. With that being said, the staff went out of their way to be kind and service oriented. I asked where the ice machine was, and the staff made sure I had ice every day. Each morning, there was an activity sheet with times and locations for the day which made the planning for the day really easy. I played lots of trivia games, sang karaoke, saw terrific comedy shows, watched the sun rise and set, had 2 massages from the wonderful staff in the spa and then partook of a wonderful excursion once we hit Mexico in Cozumel. The staff was knowledgeable about the excursions and recommended to my son and I wonderful experience in Rio Secreto, just past Tulum. It was a full 7+ hours with a ferry boat ride to the mainland at Playa del Carmen, then a bus ride to Rio Secreto. It was truly an adventure where we hiked to an underground cave system with an underground river. The footing was challenging, especially for out of shape hikers, but I made it and had the time of my life. It was a terrific experience travelling with my son, and it's something I'll never forget. Raul was a terrific tour guide. Once back onboard, it was a little late for the dining room meal. My options were pizza, (which was fabulous) or a Mexican buffet. I was so worn out and hungry, I opted for the pizza and was thoroughly pleased with that choice. It was then off to bed. The next day, it was back to the spa, where I had a second massage, and attended a body detox seminar, where I learned how to get myself back to better health, thanks to Brett. All in all, I highly recommend this cruise to everyone looking for a wonderful experience. You can choose to do everything, or nothing at all.
Miami, Florida
Easy to get on and off the ship.
Key West, Florida Hard to comment because we docked there too early for the stores and restaurants.
Ferry boat to Playa del Carmen, then do an excursion. This is a very tourist friendly area..

As an early riser, the staff had breakfast out a few minutes early and were very accommodating on the Lido deck. Coffee was always HOT and delicious. We also ate dinner in the Pacific dining room and had a table right on the water at sunset. Magical!