Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Perfect Getaway!!!

Sail Date: March 09, 2013

This was my first 5 day cruise, and it was pretty spectacular! Overall, I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars ONLY because the ship we were on was not as updated, and needed some serious room renovations!!! But other than that, the crew was super friendly, even the guests onboard too, some of the nicest we've met!

The Ship: This was a pretty decent sized vessel I would say, there were plenty of activities to do day and night! The destinations(Jamaica and Caymans) were the 2 most perfect stops you could possibly ever have on a 5 day cruise!! The only complaints that I might have had the whole time was that there was no Fun Ship 2.0 updates with carnival! I missed having a burrito bar + guys burgers but overall the food was delicious! The dining room was obviously the best, and they had great service! The rooms on the other hand, do need a LOT of updating, from the curtains to the tube TV's!!! It was not that dirty, just very dated compared to most of the other carnival ships we've been on!

Destinations: Jamaica was great! This had been my first time visiting and absolutely loved it! Although I probably wouldn't take a vacation there by plane and stay in a hotel, I still thought it was a great day destination and the atmosphere was absolutely gorgeous! We did the speed boat ride (booked with carnival) to Dunn's River Falls and I have to say this was a great choice, even though I feel as if the speed boat ride could have been longer since it was soooo fun!! The Caymans were the same old beautiful clear blue sunny sky Caymans Islands! This was my second time visiting within a three month period and it was nice to come back! This time, we actually just walked around town and the port and did some serious shopping, brought back some souvenirs and I actually just laid out all afternoon! But overall, these 2 destinations are worth the trip!

Would I recommend this cruise? YES! It was great! It is a great getaway cruise, not too short and not too long, just the perfect amount of days and the perfect destinations too!
Needs Updated...NOW!
Great Service + Delicious
Needs A Serious Update!
Best Crew Yet!
Great Comedians!
Kids Counselors Are Amazing!!! Best Ive Ever Seen
Fun, Could Have A Bit More
Loved Jamaica & Caymans 4 The $!

1 Comment