The worst vacation experience of our lives.....

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: May 04, 2013
Ship: Carnival Victory
I booked this birthday present cruise for my wife well in advance through . As a first time cruiser I followed the advice of my reservation specialist because they are the experts. The advice...book everything through the cruise line because then it becomes their responsibility to get you to the ship....if they don't you can get a refund. Also, buy the insurance just in case something happens...so you can get a refund. Needless to say....the Delta flight 5850 out of Buffalo had mechanical problems and despite every effort my wife and I missed the ship out of the Port of Miami. Now the vacation fun begins....hours and hours and hours of phone calls trying to get a refund. With insurance in place through Travelguard and purchasing through Carnival I was expecting to recover our cost of $2,270.61 less the $190.00 for the insurance. Finally after Carnival telling us it's against their policy to give a refund and the insurance telling us our claim doesn't meet the criteria because nobody died, the cruiseline didn't go bankrupt, and the first port of call wasn't blow off the map by a hurricane...we unexpectedly got an email from Carnival apologizing and giving us a cruise credit for just over $1,700.00. This experience cost us over $500.00. I can only blame putting out misinformation. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A VACATION THROUGH . A FINAL MESSAGE TO CHRISTEN FROM WHO SUGGESTED IT WAS MY FAULT BECAUSE I CHECKED THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BOX AND NEXT TIME I SHOULD READ THE INFORMATION AFTER I SPEND AN HOUR AND 20 MINUTES BOOKING A CRUISE THROUGH THEM....YOU NEED SOME TRAINING IN CUSTOMER SERVICE YOUNG LADY.