Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just too crowded for my 11th cruise experience.

Sail Date: April 06, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I am a seasoned cruise person and usually don't travel on Carnival. The people as far as the staff overall was fine. I must say that one of our waiters wasn't as nice as I have experienced in the past. I wouldn't go on Carnival again. It was not my first choice but it had the itinerary that my family wanted. There were so many people and it was always lines for food on the Lido deck. Hard to get settled looking for a place to eat. Lots and lots of walking since this was a large ship. The entertainment and activities were varied and I know people seemed to really be enjoying themselves. I just feel it was not as classy as I'm used to on other lines. I think I would recommend to couples and families on a budget though.
Ship Quality It was fine and looked decent.
Food was better in the dining room than on Lido deck.
We had three in a room and it was fine for us.
Service and Staff Our cabin steward did a good job as did some of the wait staff.
Entertainment I didn't do much except go to the casino which I really loved.
A great Camp Carnival that my grandson really loved. It was awesome!
Onboard Activities Went to Bingo but didn't do much else except go to the casino.
The Cayman Island and our Pirate excursion was very nice. Jamaica was ok too.

Get ready to do a lot of walking as this is a large ship. Know where the elevators are in the center of the ship and try to use them to cut down on a lot of extra walking. You have to pay for everything such as sodas, and drinks.