Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival is a good value

Sail Date: March 18, 2013

I have been on 10 cruises, most of which have been Carnival. I've never really had a bad experience overall. The Carnival Victory is a clean ship and the room was very accommodating as usual. This time I had an ocean view stateroom. The ships layout is not my favorite. Its similar to the Destiny, which I have also sailed on. I feel the pool deck has too many steps and its not as easy to walk from the front of the ship to the back. This is only a mild annoyance however. My only real negative experience on this cruise was the formal dining. I felt that the dining staff wasn't very friendly as I normally experience. I chose the My Time dining option, but I don't think this should be an excuse. The wait staff hardly said anything to us and when seated it took too long for them to ask for our drink order. They also didn't seem to understand our questions regarding the menu or anything else. On the first night they brought the wrong food and just seemed a bit unorganized. I hope this improves, because I have enjoyed Carnival cruises for many years and I would hate for their service to continue this path.
I did have a great experience with the Entertainment staff. They were very friendly and showed us around the ship.
Children's Programs Didn't use
We had an Itinerary change last minute to Freeport, bahamas. This is my least favorite port. Its not a pretty place and I don't like the excursions available there. Also I find the locals very rude most of the time.
Miami, Florida
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Beautiful beach. Would love to go again.
Grand Turk Island Didn't get to go. Last minute change in Itinerary.

If you want a quite spot to lay out, go to deck 7 to the front of the ship and you will find a door that leads you to the front of the ship. Not many people go there and its nice and quiet during the day, and at night you can see the stars clearer.

1 Comment