Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Positive first-time cruise

Sail Date: March 14, 2013

Staff: very friendly, pleasant, and helpful

Room: comfortable bedding!! Even though we could not control the temperature in our room, there were plenty of down comforters.

Ease of doing business: the sail and sign card made things easy.

Spa and fitness center: Very nice people, it was nice to be offered free seminars. Classes were a bit expensive for the value. Ample equipment for weights and barbells. Sometimes the cardio equipment will be all taken, so get there early. The outdoor running track was more my style, even though it was small. Hey, it's on a ship, can't complain.

Very nice people, but when I pulled my back and requested some ice, I was told that I would have to go to a dining room and get some on my own. What if I was completely incapacitated?? Hate to think I'd be stuck up there; needing to ask strangers for help. I just decided to walk to my room and the room attendants gave me plenty of ice.

Deck chairs: Ample seating options. I especially liked the seating area with cushions in the "Adult Serenity" area.

Dining areas: many options for where to sit--nice!! The express serving area was nice.

The variety of food selections was great, especially for someone who avoids gluten and dairy. The carribean food was the best! I loved the extra condiments. My husband liked the variety at the sandwich bar.
At first, I didn't know what to do to help with my meal selection. But they announced a time and place to meet with the meal coordinator to let her know my specific needs. I'm glad I was gluten intolerant, the variety of desserts was very broad, appealing, and tempting.

During breakfast and lunch I was on my own to discern if the food was safe or not. Several of the cooks could not answer questions about ingredients. After persistant asking, I asked someone who looked like an officer, and he was able to get some soy milk for me. It would be nice if they would add coconut milk or almond milk to their dairy alternatives. The powdered eggs were not appealing, it was nice to see them offer boiled eggs one morning.

There were may "soft-serve" stations. Ice cream and frozen yogurt were offered continuously.

The dinner dining staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was excellent. It was very nice they allowed us to order 2 appetizers, or 2 entrees.

Embarkation and disembarking processes done well.

Children's Programs don't know
Pools and water seemed to have excessive chlorine.
Plan ahead for the Mexico trip, otherwise it's hard to know what to do when the locals keep soliciting you.
Key West, Florida
Area around the Truman White house was pleasant for walking.
No public beaches within walking distance.

Use the stairs. Much faster than waiting for the elevator.

There is also a machine that will break large denomination bills into smaller. $5 is the smallest it gives.

1 Comment