Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Grounded for vacation...

Sail Date: February 28, 2013

I was very disappointed with the cruise experience with Carnival as a whole. I was disappointed with the Cheers program that you all offer as a Bar Program. I think that you all should understand that when a person is on a vacation where they are not responsible for driving or arriving home safely, one does not expect a cruise line to dictate how much and when a guest can consume an alcoholic beverage. As luck would have it I met up with a friend of mine from Veterinary school while on your ship, and I wanted to buy her a drink. So imagine my surprise when the bartender informed me that I could not buy her a drink for 5 minutes...Really???? So now you all are a cruise line disguised as my parents, I felt like I was a 15 year old being grounded! You would think that if you require all adults in the same cabin to buy the program, then the ADULT should at least be allowed to have an alcoholic beverage when they want to! This Cheers program you offer cost nearly $500 for 2 adults and it is NOT not very Cheerful! This program was very discerning to me, because my wife is a light drinker, but if forced me to "encourage" her to drink more, because I "had" to buy her a drink package too! Regulating someone while they are on vacation is one sure way to not have that passenger as a guest on your cruise ship again.

I was disturbed to find out on the last day of the cruise that you all offer Sit Down dining for breakfast, rather than have to stand in line like a pig at the trough every morning on that main cafeteria deck. Both my wife and I thought that the lunch food was dangerously close to disgusting. The dinner each night was excellent, I truly cannot complain about that! But that lunch menu with the processed hamburgers, the salty hotdogs, the cold french fries, the overly breaded chicken tenders, the grilled reuben with corned beef nearly 1/4 inch thick and bread that was barely grilled was by far the worst lunch I have ever had. I have had better lunch from street carts in New York City.

My wife recommended a cruise for our winter holiday because she had sailed with Norwegian some years back and said it was great experience and the food was excellent. Needless to say both she and I were utterly disappointed with the food and the drinks on your cruise line.

More importantly if a cruise ship includes ports of call, might it not be a good idea to actually stay at that port for more than 6 hours??? I am a cigar smoker, and the lounge that was designated for cigar smoking was never available for cigar smoking, you should rename it Karaoke, which is the only thing that happened in the Cigar Bar!

I would never sail with Carnival again, not even if it was free.

Derrick Bishop
Food and Dining Lunch is absolutely TERRIBLE!!! Dinner is excellent
Nice, comfortable.
Very nice people
the Cigar bar is not really a cigar bar, its used for Kareoke!
Key West is a worthless port of call!

Pack some food for lunch, and hope that you can hold out for dinner! Dinner is the best meal on the ship.

1 Comment