Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Happy First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: October 01, 2012

I recommend the ship for first-time cruisers. Having no prior experience to compare to made it great for me - I felt very positive and my family had a great time. The staff are very friendly and racially diverse. I caught the opening and closing shows and decided to pass on the ones in-between for finding them cheesy. The comedy shows were great and I caught them almost every night they were held. There were lots of on-board activities and shopping. The ship could use an upgrade as the ambiance looks dated. The room was comfortable and we had excellent floor staff. I will never forget my first cruise.

Pros: Clean boat, good service, great ports

Cons: Older boat, small pools, hit or miss food

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!

The pools are four feet deep and really only suitable for kids. The hot tubs were luke warm and crowded. The public areas were constantly being cleaned and repaired which was very reassuring. The layout is confusing at first but after a few days maneuvering gets easier.
The food was hit or miss. Most of my dining was done in the dining room for breakfast and dinner. The staff were friendly and accommodating. They learned our names and tried to anticipate our needs as the week went on. There are lots of options which made it nice when ordering something and not finding it to your liking; we often ordered several things and just ate what we liked.