Mediocre at best

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 09, 2012
Let me preface this by saying that I go on a cruise for the rest, relaxation and pampering. I am far less interested in where the ship is going. However, this cruise offered the best itinerary of any cruise I've ever been on. Although a little intense (6 ports in 7 days) the ports were all beautiful and offered a lot of activities. St. Kitts and St. Maarten were our groups' favorites (there were 12 of us traveling together).
That said, Carnival is definitely the most \"no frills\" cruise line I've ever been on. The \"bare minimum\" is a word I'd use (and did) to describe just about every aspect of this ship, service and staff. It definitely didn't offer the pampering I've grown accustomed to with other cruise lines. Even the spa services were lacking. The most disappointing to our group was the evening entertainment. If you aren't a gambler (half of us were and half of us weren't) there wasn't much to do after dinner. We walked out of more than one show because it was THAT bad. One evening I was in bed before 10 p.m.

Overall if it weren't for the ports, I would have been swimming for the shore.

We experienced some very rude wait staff in the dining room and overall the service was poor.

If you don't gamble\, there isn't much else to do on this ship. The shows were horrible and the other lounges were too smoky to enjoy.

Again\, just offered the \"bare minimum\" I've never been on a cruise where I had never even seen the cruise director in person.

The layout of the ship was great and I felt everything was kept clean. The ship definitely shows some wear but it wasn't too bad.

I think \"bare minimum\" says it all.

Pros: clean ship\, excellent itinerary

Cons: so-so food\, lacked good evening entertainment

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!