Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Disgusting Trip

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

We recently went on the Carnival Victory. I suffer from Celiac Disease. This means I have to watch a gluten-free diet (no wheat). Carnival has on their website that they accommodate gluten-free diets. I did my research, as best you can, and saw 3 travelers blogs that said you had bread, pancakes, and french toast. I also read on the blogs to make sure you alert Carnival before you get on the ship. I called three times only to be told that there was no need to let you know to just alert them when I got on the ship. I did tell them that I wanted it noted in my record and thank goodness I did that because the first question I received, after making my first complaint, was did you tell us that you had to eat Gluten Free before you came on the ship.

After traveling all day and having to be careful of what I eat, I looked forward to getting on the ship and having a late lunch. I went to the Main Dining Room only to be greeted by a really nasty waiter, when asking for a GF Menu, that they didn't have one. He said I could have fruit and that the Maitre De would be coming to take my meal request for the \"NEXT Day\" after the meal was done. I was then told that I could can have fish and steamed vegetables. He brought me out a fruit dish to start, fish and steamed vegetables. When I asked what I could have for dessert, I was told fruit. This fruit is not even fresh fruit it is out of a can.

I went to the front desk and told them my dilemma. They sent me back to talk to Maitre De. She told me to come the next day for breakfast and asked what I would like. She said they had Gluten Free pancakes and I said I would have these. I got the same nasty waiter and he was very upset that I was sitting at his table. He brought me out the pancakes, long after everyone else had started eating, which were nothing more than tortillas. I could not eat them. They were luke warm and absolutely gross! I went to lunch that day on the Lido. I asked what I could have th

Pros: The Ports

Cons: The Gluten Free Food

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Lovely Ship. Beautiful rooms.
Letter from CEO of Carnival from Amanda Saenz\, Guest Care Specialist : It's my pleasure to respond on his behalf. I'm sorry you feel that our call center agents and supervisory staff did not give your issues the attention they deserve. I can assure you that the concerns you've raised have been addressed by the appropriate management team and reviewed thoroughly. Nonetheless\, were very sorry your dining experience was not all you'd hoped it would be and that our genuine concern has not made the impact as intended. We are also concerned with the poor impression you were left with regarding your special dietary requirements. Carnival values our guests with special needs and we make every effort to accommodate these requests. It is our goal to have a variety of gluten-free products on board our ships at any given time. We respect your continuing interest in this matter\, our position remains the same.I must advise you that we are unable to give this matter any further attention.
Very large suite.
Horrible Staff!
Ship was rough one night and the dancers were pure professionals. We loved the entertainment.