Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Nice Cruise - So-so Ship

Sail Date: October 01, 2011

The staff was very nice and our cabin steward was the best. We never went without anything due to him and his assistant. The ship itself is in need of a renovation. There was noise in our cabin. We were in a balcony on deck 10 forward portside. Would be a great location on any other ship, however the kids deck area was right above us and there was noise (banging) all night long. Also, there were a lot more children and teenagers on this cruise than any other I have been on. Not our cup of tea. I gained 20 pounds of water weight by day 3 (even though I drank more water than usual) I believe due to the food. It was poor quality and salty. There was very little shaded areas on the pool deck. The night life was sub-par. While the comedians were great on the ship, there were WAY TOO MANY people packing themselves into the room and there was no ship staff present to regulate this. It caused me to walk out of the show one night because people were right on top of each other stepping on each other and VERY RUDE. The night club was playing horrible music and didnt follow the schedule on the daily itinerary. If it said 70's motown they would be playing latin, if it said 80's-90's dance they were playing hip-hop. Stick to the schedule! The illusionist at the theatre was good.

Pros: Courteous Service - Many Ports of Call

Cons: Food not so good, Entertainment So-So, too many children

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

Comedy Club should have staff on duty to regulate the number of poeple in the room. Very unsafe conditions.
The ship is clean but needs renovating
I have had better food on other ships. Good variety.
Deck 10 forward portside. Should have been good location however we had noise all night
Staff was very accomodating. Our cabin steward was excellent, our dining room waiters were great. Front desk staff and medical staff were very helpful.