Fun "starter" cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: November 01, 2011
Ship: Carnival Victory
Looks and feels like a 20 year old ship. Decor was dated but it was nice. Seemed to lack pool space and the only place an adult could occasionally get in a hot tub was in the Serenity (adults only area). There was plenty of food available... I'm sure I gained 10 pounds. Food quality was average. Would have liked to see an all inclusive drink package.
Our cabin attendant and dinner hostess were excellent, always called everyone in our 7 person party by name.

Overall the food was good. I always was able to find something I liked amoung the daily offerings. Of course pizza and ice cream were available 24/7.

3 out of 4 of the comedians were great. Variety shows were good as well. Shore excursions were expensive for what you got.

Staff was great with a few exceptions. Drink service in the sun louges was slow... if you ordered water, expect it to take 30-40 minutes if you received it at all.

Dated, but a nice ship.

We had one room with a queen + 2 bunks and 1 with a king plus a couch. The couch was not suitable for an adult to sleep on. The staff brought in a trundle bed for the 3rd person (me). It was livable.

Pros: Personal staff we saw every day

Cons: Most of the announcements and information given on board was focused on seperating you with more of your money.

Recommends Carnival Victory? Yes!