Carnival Victory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

bad food, bad service, but decent rooms

Sail Date: June 26, 2011

When I booked Carnival I knew that it was the "discount" cruise line. However, I had no idea that it would be this bad. The food was terrible, everything was either extremely bland, overcooked, or covered in grease. The staff were rude for the most part. I kept ordering Coronal lights and they would bring lemons to me instead of limes (on multiple occasions) then when I asked for limes the waiter would say "we ran out" which was not true due to the fact that I would see others with limes!

Pros: The staterooms were pretty decent, however I am convinced they had bed bugs!!

Cons: The food was horrific. There were a couple of nights we had to walk out of dinner because we could not stomach the food.

Recommends Carnival Victory? No.

The ship was pretty old. There was a bad smell on the back of deck 1 that we kept noticing, almost like rotten food.
There were a few members on the ship that were amazing. For one there was a bartender at the wine bar that was incredible! She went out of her way a few times to make sure my friend got espresso in her martinis even though they didn't have it at the bar. Further, there was a waiter in the casino who really listened to me when I ordered drinks. However, those were the absolute exceptions to the rule. Everyone .... and I mean everyone else was either rude, or couldn't speak English.
Nothing to do except go to the casino if you are under the age of 60.
Not sure if they had bed bugs, but both myself and my friend had bug bites (not mosquito bites) on us a few times. We also noticed them in the morning... so I think they did have some bed bugs.
Bridgetown, Barbados
I was really dissapointed in Barbados. I thought this would be a highlight but it just seemed dull and over run.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: French Side - just go.
Castries, St. Lucia
Gorgeous island!
Don't Miss: I highly recommend checking out the mud baths and the botanical gardens there!
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Head over to St. John, you will NOT regret this decision! It's gorgeous.